Care & Maintenance
Dear Valued Customer:
Bonded Floors would like to thank you for allowing us to satisfy your flooring needs. Listed below, you will find some important information you will need to know regarding the maintenance and performance of your wood floor.
- Remove nylon or metal tips from furniture and any other hard item that come into contact with the floor. Felt pads must be used on all objects that come into contact with the floor. E-Z Glide surface protectors are generally the best and are available for purchase from our store.
- Maintain a consistent temperature level throughout the year in all living areas. We recommend a thermostat setting no higher than 78 degrees. Excessive swings in humidity levels and temperature can cause hardwood floors to swell, shrink, cup, crack and show excessive gaps between boards.
- When cleaning your wood floors, use as little water as possible. Excessive amounts of water can cause your wood floor to swell and cup. We have a special mop and bottled cleaner available for purchase from our store to help keep your wood floor looking great for many years.
- Do not use wax, oil soap or other industrial or household products on your wood floor. These products can adversely affect the appearance of the finish and make future refinishing difficult.
- Vacuum floors with a soft brush or sweep regularly. Usually a general cleaning once a week is recommended. Don’t let sand, dirt or grit build up on wood floor, it can act like sandpaper and scratch or dull the finish on your wood floor.
- Your wood floor is a natural material, and needs to breathe. You will find that cracks may appear, disappear and reappear, do not be alarmed as this is a normal occurrence. Cracks will be more prevalent in a bleached or whitewashed floor. These cracks can be filled. We recommend letting the wood stabilize, which can take from six to twelve months.
- We recommend what is called a 2 – 5 year maintenance plan for insuring that your wood floor continues to look beautiful for years to come. Simply call us and we’ll inspect your floor and to see if anything is needed.
Please feel free to contact us if you should have any questions regarding your wood flooring. We look forward to fulfilling all your future flooring needs.
John S. Cannon, President
Bonded Floors of Vero, Inc.